Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finally off meds!

Well here is the big news...I am officially OFF MEDICATION now. I actually wasn't going to go off for another week when I went to see my psychiatrist. But I had a few days where I forgot to take them and so I figured I would go ahead and stop now instead of resuming for a week and then quitting. It's been about 4 days and I feel fine, other than having some wicked insomnia. :)

Also, in other news I have decided to try to quit smoking. I woke up one day and the cigarettes just tasted horrible. Now I have very little desire to smoke, so I figured it was time to quit. I am weaning myself back because in the past when I have gone cold turkey I get terrible withdrawals and get migraines, feel sick, etc. So I am trying to cut back a little each day and hopefully by next week I will be off them. I think the biggest challenge is adjusting my habits...I am so used to breaking up my day by going out and smoking it is going to take some time to get used to that not being the case anymore. Also I always have cigarettes at certain times, like first thing in the morning and last thing at night so that will be a bit tough to get used to not having them then. Also, I am a little worried I will become depressed once I quit, since that is what happened last time and that can be a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. But I guess if it happens I will just have to ride it out. I know this is the best thing for my health as well as my kids. I don't smoke around them but they know when I am going outside to smoke and always make comments about it. So I know it is a bad influence. I just hope I can stick to it this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment