Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lowering meds yet again

Well, the time is creeping up. New Years is almost upon us. I am excited. Time always seems to fly by after New Years hits and spring is on the way. We had a nice Christmas, opened all our gifts and had my dad over for dinner. It was a pretty good day.

I saw my psychiatrist a week or 2 ago and have been on 2.5 mg of Zyprexa, a quarter of what I originally started on. By next month I will be off meds entirely. I am really excited and can't wait to see how well I do. I saw my counselor, after not having been in for about 4 or 5 months. She was happy for me and supportive of my choice to try to go med free. Of course I've been documenting all of this in my video blogs. The response has been about 50/50. Some people think I need to stay on the meds, others are encouraging to me for going off them. So, only time will tell what happens. Everyone in my life is still supportive and knows about what is going on so they can help be on the lookout for signs if anything starts going awry again.

That's about all for now. Hope everyone has a good holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment