Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wanting to switch meds

Well...it's been about a week since my last post, and no real changes going on. I don't go see my psychiatrist for another 2 weeks and won't see my therapist for another month. My doctor visits have been a lot more sporadic now that I've been stable for awhile, and basically they are just to touch base and make sure everything is going alright.

I'm debating on whether I want to go off the Zyprexa and try another med. Although Zyprexa has helped me gain stability it has also made me gain something else - a lot of weight! I have gained between 20-25 lbs and it is just beyond ridiculous. I am thinking I might like to try Geodon instead, because it isn't supposed to cause weight gain. And it may sound superficial, but I am going to Hawaii for my wedding anniversary this year and I really don't want to look like a beached whale in my bathing suit. :P But, we'll wait and see what my psychiatrist says.

Other than that, not much to report except that my husband and I are buying a house and we sign our closing paperwork in a couple of days. I am uber excited...I have wanted my own home since I was 18. Now, 10 years later my wish is finally coming true!

No comments:

Post a Comment