Wednesday, October 20, 2010

House hunting and other stressors

Right now my husband and I are in the process of house hunting. We are currently staying with my dad and have been for awhile to help save up more for our down payment. Housing costs here are pretty steep so we are needing more than most of our family/friends who live in other parts of the country.

Anyhow, we found a beautiful house that we are in the process of negotiating for. We are hoping that things will work out with this house, because we have been looking for a long time and are ready to be in something of our own. I've personally been dreaming of my own house since I was a teenager so this is a big big deal to me. I can't wait to see what happens.

So, that is the beginning of my stress,it's been fun looking but also brings up tension as well an being the biggest purchase a person will ever make tends to make emotions run high. So I'm a little nervous about this situation because I'm not exactly stable at the moment and this type of intense stress could certainly trigger episodes for me.

On top of that, my dad was injured this week and will not be able to get around much for probably a couple of months, and he is currently in the hospital. So, I am going to have to help care for him which again, is a big stress, of course not something I mind doing because God knows he has done far more for me than I have ever done in return so this is but a small thing in the scheme of the world, but just compounding with the house stress, and the fact that my husband is gone several days in a row each week leaves me with a lot on my plate. I'm a bit worried as to how I will hold up under all of this (plus there are a bunch of other small stressors plaguing me at the moment as well). It's just a lot, both good and bad, but the pressure hopefully will not cause me to start cracking. I'm going to have to be super vigilant the upcoming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment