Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Puzzle Pieces


This will not be easy
This will not be quick
This is only a tiny grain of sand in a pail
The first baby steps toward making sense of this all
All the confusion and pain that I have masked, buried, ignored, projected and now finally
I must own it
I cannot live this way anymore

With everything I bury, I push myself closer to the edge
The feeling of spinning out of control
Eating me like a disease
And I feel so disgusted with myself, with everyone, with the world
That there is no escape
And I feel like tearing my body to shreds
I want to seep out and float away
But there is no way

This is only one piece in a puzzle
I must come to terms with what was
I must accept the things I cannot change
And change the things I can
I must stop pushing it down, down, down into the pit of my belly
Where it burbles and pulses and ultimately comes back up
More violently than before
I cannot let these feelings consume me
Like a devouring fire
Raging through and burning things beyond recognition

So I go back to the beginning
I must pull away all the pieces obscuring what is
I must face it in the light
I must let go
I must take back the power that was stolen

9/6/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment