Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wallowing



Well, here I am. I’m in a mood today. I just feel like wallowing. I can feel that my emotions are quite raw at the moment, and it seems every sound I hear, and every sight I see is just like a heavy putrid syrup pouring over my heart and mind, coating it with stickiness I can’t get rid of. I could try to fight it and put on the fake smile but I just don’t want to right now. All I want is to sit and ruminate for awhile. And just let it be. I want to look at the white sky and the snow and float off. Listen to this melancholy music and watch the parade of images that dance in slow motion across the backdrop of my skull. Allow it all to occur, all the words that I don’t want to make sense of…just let them come. Lie around and do absolutely nothing of any worth. Wallow and bathe myself in these feelings that engulf me. Let them be and do not try to fight them.

It’s ok, because deep down I know it will not last forever. In a couple days, I will rise again. I will come up, I will get back on the horse and live again. I’ll keep striving toward the light. But not today.

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya, but right now for me that horse is just too damn high,
    hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you Nicole. I just saw your blog and video today and I am so inspired by your determination and positive thinking. I am going through my third MDD and just want to give up but you have inspired me so much. I know what you are going through and I am praying for you to feel good soon. This is one of the worst disease one can have but with prayers we will pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I just wanted to congratulate you on being once again recognized by Healthline as a top bipolar blog, now for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I just wanted to congratulate you on being once again recognized by Healthline as a top bipolar blog, now for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know!!! That is too cool!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi there! May I post your blog on my blog SuddenlyBipolar.wordpress.com? We were both listed as top bipolar bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I think I'm going to make a post with a link to the list of blog winners as well :) Congrats!!!

      Delete
  6. I love this so much. I have read through almost you entire blog and you put all of my feelings into words. Thank you for being so brave and putting your experiences out there for us just starting this journey. Thank you for being an inspiration.

    relaxandenjoythecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete