Tuesday, October 8, 2013

War Zone

My world has crumbled down around me
I watched it as it fell, helpless to keep it whole
I could not stop the inevitable progression
First one brick, then another
Til it all tumbled down
And spiraled out of control

And the pain I feel is like a massive missile
Has been projected directly into my heart
Piercing it, exploding with such magnitude
That there are a hundred pieces of me blown apart
Coagulated bits of blood and flesh here and there
A clump of tangled hair
A stump of a limb, with raw nerves exposed
And my mind, just alive enough to see the wreckage and know the end is imminent
Just waiting for that moment to come
Feeling like a thousand eternities
Awaiting the second it will all be snuffed out
And the pain will end
Because there is no one around
To make this swift
No one to show mercy
No one
But me

9/8/2013

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nicole,

    This is amazing! From who is this? Or did you write it?

    -Danny

    ReplyDelete