Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trauma

My breathing has become slow and shallow now
My body and mind exhausted, worn down
From days upon days of heightened senses
And the height of the trauma has been reached
Hit its climax, senses having been stressed
So strong, and so long
Heart racing, body shaking, hyperventilating
Mind exploding
At the thoughts of you
And I can barely keep my eyes open to write this
Weary and weak
The motor burned to a crisp
Blackened and charred
Barely ticking anymore

Like an endless row of fireworks
Rising up from the ground
Whistling as they soar up and up
Higher, higher, higher, one after the other
And finally exploding with deafening force
Talons of piercing light shooting out, flashing and crackling away
With every memory brought up
They begin anew
With such ferocity
The town awakens in fear

Now with the fading of light
I’m left here, nearly dead
The skeletons having been dredged up from the murky waters beneath
Exhumed, leaving the silt and detritus to settle
And me, looking around at the bodies
Shell shocked
Not knowing where to go from here

9/8/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment